Thursday, January 8, 2009

Beachin' it...

Happy New Year! I feel so lucky because I got to spend my first New Year's in Grand Cayman- wow is that a cool place! There is all this stuff Mom and Dad called "sand" and it just goes on forever! AND, there was the biggest pool I've ever seen...everyone kept calling it the "ocean" but the water looked just like the pool! We went with my Nana and Papa, Aunt Kelly and Uncle Chris, Aunt Katy, and Uncle Mark. It was so much fun! I loved playing in (and eating) the sand, swimming in the pool, and chillin' in just a diaper or swim trunks because it was so warm!

Some highlights from the week are: building sand castles, swimming, walks on the beach in my fun Baby Bjorn, Mom turned 30 and there were fireworks to celebrate her birthday (or maybe that was for the New Year... either way is cool), I went on my first sailboat ride, and we didn't get our luggage for a whole day and I got to eat peach yogurt, fig newtons, french fries, broccoli, fish, and cheese because we had no baby food and the grocery store was closed on Sundays. Mom wasn't real happy, but Dad said she handled it well.

Here are a bunch of pictures from our trip...
Me & my sand toys...
The biggest sting ray ever- i chilled on the sailboat while everyone swam with these scary things

sunset pictures on the beach


i loved walking around all the beach chairs/tables- i have no interest in crawling on my knees, so i think i'm gonna go straight from army crawl to walking!


swimmin' with mom!


building a castle with dad!


I'm a cute little duck, huh?







3 comments:

Kara said...

You certainly ARE a cute little duck, Xander! What a great way to ring in 2009 - you have a great looking family too! Next time, can I come? :-)

Christy Parker said...

Yes indeed, you are a very cute duck! I'm glad you had such a great trip and that your Mom has such a fabulous 30th bday (she certainly has a knack for celebrating the major milestones in style!). I can't wait to meet you next month and celebrate your birthday!!

emily rietz said...

quite the adventure, x man! tell your mom thanks for posting the beautiful pictures